Monday, February 27, 2012

My trip to London, part 3: commercial London

This will be my last post from London for a little while because I am headed off on a new adventure later today, but I'm sure I'll go back to London in the future.

After my walk along the Thames, I went to see the highlights of capitalist London. So far I have focused on taking pictures of myself in front of old buildings, but London is also a very modern city and one of the centers of the global economy.

Here is a picture of me in front of Harrods Department Store in Knightsbridge. Harrods is probably the best-known department store in the world. It's very fancy, so I can't afford anything in it on my meager traveling budget. But I do enjoy looking through the food hall and seeing all the foods from around the world!

Me in front of Harrods.
After leaving Harrods, I took the London Underground (London's version of a subway) to Piccadilly Circus.  Piccadilly Circus is a road junction right in the center of London. The area around it has a lot of shops and also a lot of theaters. It isn't actually a "circus" with trapeze artists and elephants and whatnot -- in this context, "circus" just means a "circle" that the cars go around at the intersection.

Me at Piccadilly Circus.
I hope you enjoyed hearing about my trip to London. I had a wonderful time, but now I am excited to go somewhere else and see more of this country. Can you guess where I might go next?

--Benny

No comments:

Post a Comment