Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I am ready for my first adventure

I am ready for my first adventure. I have been outfitted with a new hat, scarf, and backpack as part of my traveling costume. I also have a passport so that I can go anywhere in the world.


My job is to travel the world and report back to my friends in Ms. Kelly's second- and third-grade class at Green Gables Elementary School on the places I go, the sights I see, the things I do, and the people I meet. Ms. Kelly is teaching her class about geography. I hope that I will be able to offer a first-hand report from many of the places they talk about in class!

My first trip is going to be to Tokyo, Japan, on December 26, 2011. I'm very excited, but also a little bit nervous. Japan is very far away -- it's almost 4,800 miles from Tokyo to my home in Federal Way, Washington.

I want to thank Jon and Bobbe Bridge for giving me to Ms. Kelly's class so that I can go on my adventures.

Safe travels to all,
Benny

2 comments:

  1. Benny,

    Tokyo is beautiful! I lived there for 4 years. You should climb Tokyo Tower, see the Imperial Palace, and eat on the Ginza in one of the many restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete