Monday, July 22, 2013

My trip to Kansas

On my way back to Seattle from Hong Kong, I stopped for a few days in Kansas. I know I don't blog much about the United States, but I got some great photos at my friend's farm, so I wanted you to see them. The next time you eat a loaf of bread, you should stop for a minute and think about how that bread may have started out as wheat in a field in Kansas.
The wheat in this field is growing well and is almost ready to harvest.
I am held above the wheat.
I sit on the wheat.
Look at all this great wheat!
In this field, the wheat has already been harvested. The stocks of the wheat are left in the field, then rolled into bales of straw to serve as bedding for animals.
I sit on a bale.
A close-up of my bale.
Look at all those bales.
I also enjoyed the opportunity to visit some of the animals who live on the farm in Kansas.
I take a ride on Lola, a miniature donkey.
Some young goats are ready for dinner.
This horse is eyeing me suspiciously.
--Benny


No comments:

Post a Comment