Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bobbe's trip to Morocco, part 6: Bobbe hits the beach

Here is part 6 of Bobbe's report from Morocco:

Last weekend, I decided to relax by going to the beach. Morocco has a very long coastline, so it has lots of beaches. If you look at a map, you will see that it borders two different bodies of water: the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. The Atlantic coastline is longer, but both are very nice. Looking at a map, can you find the name of the strait that connects the Mediterranean and the Atlantic? That strait separates Morocco from Spain, but the bit of land on the Spanish side is actually owned by the United Kingdom. That bit of land has the same name as the strait. Can you find it?

The beach I went to was located on the Atlantic coast, about halfway between Rabat and Tangier. It was called Moulay Bousselham. Can you find on a map where it is located? Doesn't that look like a pleasant place to get away from the usual worries of being a traveling bear and just relax on the beach? I certainly enjoyed my trip there!

Here are some pictures of me enjoying the sun! (And I even encountered some local animal life)
The Atlantic Ocean is right behind me.
Here is the view from my balcony.
I pose in front of the Moroccan sunset with some new friends.
--Bobbe

No comments:

Post a Comment